Friday, August 13, 2010

Drowgames Prize-Giving Ceremony

6th August 2010

Drowgames was part of my routines and I missed it very much. On 31st July 2010, all of the players played like crazy till midnight. It was fun even though it made me exhausted. The efforts that we put to play the game were worthed. I won the 6th place in the competition and of course i received one ipod nano as the prize. I also wanted to take this opportunity to congratulate to my beloved coursemates who won ipods.

On that day, we were told that this game was for teaching and learning purposes. We did play it as an English game but this game could be existed in many languages and terms in all courses in the world. Seriously it was amazing. All of teachers or even lecturers could use this material to teach their students. This game could be created in various level of proficiency and it would be beneficial for every student who was basically from different level of proficiency. Since it was a game, it would bring down the affective filter of the students. That was something crucial to make sure the students could engage to the lesson without any problems. I believed this game could be effective and the students would definitely enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, i am one of the crazy players. I will not forget that night. hahahaha
    The day before the deadline is quite nervous for me because the points of the players are near... so, i have to play and play and play. i leave my laptop only when i go to washrooom and i go to buy my food.

    ReplyDelete