Friday, August 13, 2010

We were cartoonists =D


5th August 2010

I kept asking myself? Could I draw? My teammates kept encouraging me to draw. It meant I had to draw. I could not believe we came out with our own fable. It was interesting because we told the fable in comic strip form and I was loving it.

Our fable entitled as Food for Winter. The fable itself looked quite simple but the message that was conveyed was salient. We added sense of humor into the fable to make it more fun and enjoyable. In 45 minutes during tutorial, all of us were struggling to finish up the comic strip. Luckily we managed to do it. Congratulation to all of us.

In fact, I believed that fable was a very good material that could be used to teach language in class. The script or dialogue was simple and the visual would help the students to the story line. It was like reading a book except more visual and pretty much shorter. All fable carried their own values that could be inculcated in the lesson. By using fable, students would enjoy it and the lesson would be relevant and effective.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree with you when you said that fable is a very good material in the teaching of English language. Not all students are willing to read long texts in English especially for those with low motivation. But we all know that excessive reading will definitely improve their mastery in the language. Hence, fables come to the rescue with its reasonable length and values-packed. Fables are entertaining and that will make the students 'lost' in the stories and subconsciously pick up the language and form. Drawing a comic strip is also one of the ways for them to experiment the target language. Other than the fact that it is fun, the dialogue-building helps them to improve their language. In short, fables are something for teachers to think about in teaching of the target language in more enjoying way..Let the mind speaks..Listen with your heart..

    ReplyDelete